Thursday, September 18, 2008

Another record

The Backroads Newsroom blog set another readership record! There were 323 pages loads yesterday which surpassed the previous record (from two Thursdays ago) by three loads.
Yesterday also tied the record for unique readers at 120.
So things are going well and I believe that when I get the new blog/web site going, things will pick up even more.
The Washington County News is one of the few weeklies in Kansas with an active blog. I've been talking to a journalism professor at Wichita State University about the Backroads Newsroom blog and what it has added to my news dispersal efforts. I strongly believe we'll see a transformation in news distribution over the next decade. How long will a hardcopy printed newspaper continue? I don't know, but the digital edition will take over eventually.
I won't be the first to discontinue a printed product, but I won't be the last either. It will be interesting when it happens and if advertising can continue in some form, it will be nice to save the thousands of dollars I spend on printing each month!

No comments: